Histogram Prior

North Dakota Bison
I have started learning Bayesian Analysis formally from past 2 weeks sorry if I sound very ignorant and naive.

I am having a hard time understanding histogram prior. I understand prior is a belief about an event. Tossing a coin prior is 0.5H 0.5T , rolling a die, (1/6) etc however I dont understand this histogram prior. Please Help. Thanks for your time and sorry if i sound stupid.

\../

Re: Histogram Prior

John K. Kruschke
Administrator

Is there a specific example of a "histogram prior" that you are referring to?

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 9:23 PM, North Dakota Bison [via Doing Bayesian Data Analysis] <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have started learning Bayesian Analysis formally from past 2 weeks sorry if I sound very ignorant and naive.

I am having a hard time understanding histogram prior. I understand prior is a belief about an event. Tossing a coin prior is 0.5H 0.5T , rolling a die, (1/6) etc however I dont understand this histogram prior. Thanks for your time and sorry if i sound stupid.

\../

http://doing-bayesian-data-analysis.12272.x6.nabble.com/Histogram-Prior-tp5000720.html
To start a new topic under Doing Bayesian Data Analysis, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Doing Bayesian Data Analysis, click here.
NAML

Re: Histogram Prior

North Dakota Bison
No.