Code for BEST paper's Figure 12

Tim

Code for BEST paper's Figure 12

Tim
Hi John,

I was wondering if you would mind sharing the code that generated Figure 12 of your BEST paper (I couldn't find that code online)? To motivate adoption of Bayesian methods, I'd like to show some colleagues and students this excellent visualization, and modify it to do some similar simulations for situations in which a "true effect" of various effect sizes exists. I can code it from scratch but it would save me some time if it's easily accessible to you. Thanks in advance, no worries if it's too annoying to scrounge up the code.

Thanks,
Tim

Re: Code for BEST paper's Figure 12

John K. Kruschke
Administrator

I strongly recommend using the simpler scenario of estimating the bias of a coin (instead of the difference of two means). In this simpler case, the Bayesian HDI can be quickly computed from the beta function using HDIofICDF() instead of MCMC approximated. The trends in the results look qualitatively identical to Fig.12. Sorry I don't have that particular code crisp and commented for public release.

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 2:06 PM, Tim [via Doing Bayesian Data Analysis] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi John,

I was wondering if you would mind sharing the code that generated Figure 12 of your BEST paper (I couldn't find that code online)? To motivate adoption of Bayesian methods, I'd like to show some colleagues and students this excellent visualization, and modify it to do some similar simulations for situations in which a "true effect" of various effect sizes exists. I can code it from scratch but it would save me some time if it's easily accessible to you. Thanks in advance, no worries if it's too annoying to scrounge up the code.

Thanks,
Tim

http://doing-bayesian-data-analysis.12272.x6.nabble.com/Code-for-BEST-paper-s-Figure-12-tp5000725.html
To start a new topic under Doing Bayesian Data Analysis, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Doing Bayesian Data Analysis, click here.
NAML